The Sports Ethicist is Shawn E. Klein, PhD. When not blogging about sports, ethics, and philosophy, I teach philosophy atRockford University. My CV. I also have a personal blog at PhilosophyBlog. You can email me at sportsethicist at gmail.com
I am a fan of all things Boston sports.
Liverpool FC (Though not a Boston team, they are owned by the Red Sox ownership)
A 2008 promotional video for the first version of Sports Ethics:
- Strict no-transfer rule not fair either” The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Feb 9, 2014. Page: C2. Web: http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/high-school/first-person-shawn-e-klein/nc84f/
- Interviewed for and quoted in “Fantex: Is Buying Shares in Athletes Risky Business?” Knowledge@Wharton. December 4, 2013. Web: http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/fantex-buying-shares-athletes-risky-business/
- DeSantis, John. “Ethicists say Destrehan coaches deserve punishment.” Tri-Parish Times. November 6, 2013. Web: http://www.tri-parishtimes.com/sports/article_9daf2778-470a-11e3-aaed-001a4bcf887a.html
- Taylor, Phil. “Point After.” Sports Illustrated. October 14, 2013. Web: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1208835/index.htm
- Radio interview for CKNW Morning News in Vancouver, BC, Canada. 18 January 2013.
- Provided comments for “Give Lance another chance?” 15 January 2013. Web: http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/15/opinion/opinion-roundup-lance-armstrong/index.html
- Hoffman, Kevin. “Playing by the Rules.” Coach and Athletic Director Magazine, January 2013.
- Web: http://www.coachad.com/pages/Issue-to-Internet-January-2013-Playing-By-The-Rules.php
- Spillane, Chris. “Ousted Badminton Players Lose in Challenge to Olympic Spirit” 2 August 2012.
- Web: http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-01/expelled-badminton-players-lose-in-challenge-to-olympic-spirit.html
- Crouse, Karen. “Shades of Gray on Way to Podium.” New York Times 11 August 2012. Print: D1 Web: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/11/sports/olympics/separating-the-person-from-the-olympic-performance.html