The Sports Ethicist Show airs tonight at 6 pm CDT on Rockford College Radio.
How should we understand the relationship between Work and Play? Are they mutually exclusive activities? What about professional athletes who appear to be play for work? Shawn E. Klein and Bobby Fernandez, of MovingforWellness.com and California State University-Fullerton, discuss these questions and more as they build off their recent papers given at the International Association for the Philosophy of Sport conference in September.
- Moving for Wellness
- Schrödinger’s cat
- The Dancing Wu Li Masters: Overview of the New Physics
- David Kelley, “I Don’t Have To”
- International Association for the Philosophy of Sport
- Stephen Schmid, “Beyond Autotelic Play”
- Shawn Klein’s IAPS abstract, “Work and Play: Similarities and Parallels“