My old Sports Ethics Show podcast has been on hiatus for far too long. Instead of just starting that back up again, I am relaunching it with a new name, Examined Sport, and a new concept.
The concept is ten to fifteen minute podcasts that focus on arguments or concepts from the philosophy of sport and analyze or explain them in simple and direct ways.
I will look at classic, discipline-defining articles, exciting newly published works, and dig deep to rediscover important but not as well-known papers.
Examined Sport mission:
- Extend the reach of the philosophy of sport literature.
- Be a resource for students to learn more about philosophy of sport.
- Highlight essential themes of the literature.
- Rediscover important and interesting papers.
- Spur new thought and research in the philosophy of sport.
The first episode is, logically, on Bernard Suits classic article: “What is a Game?” It will be released Tuesday, May 30. Episodes will follow every week or two after that.
If you have ideas for the show, let me know by email or comment below.