In this episode of Examined Sport, I look at Cesar Torres and Peter Hager’s article: “The Desirability of the Season Long Tournament: A Response to Finn.” Published in the Journal of the Philosophy of Sport in 2011, this article, as the title suggests, is Torres and Hager’s response to Stephen Finn’s “In Defense of the Playoff System.” While Finn defended a playoff system, in their article, Torres and Hager challenge that defense and offer arguments for superiority of the season-long tournament model over the playoff system.
Subscribe on iTunes:
Available where ever you get podcasts, including Amazon Music and Spotify.
Related Links and Information:
- Examined Sport: Stephen Finn, In Defense of the Playoff System”
- Cesar Torres and Peter Hagar, “The Desirability of the Season Long Tournament: A Response to Finn.”
- Journal of the Philosophy of Sport, Vol. 38, pp 39-54.
- Stephen Finn, “In Defense of the Playoff System” Journal of the Philosophy of Sport, vol. 36, 2009, pp 66-75.
Opening and Closing Musical Credits:
- “Slow Ska Game Loop” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License