Do you have a question about an ethical or philosophical issue in sport? Ask The Sports Ethicist!
In this regular feature of The Sports Ethicist blog, I will post and respond to readers’ questions. Each answer will explain the different takes on the issue from standard viewpoints in the philosophy literature, as well as more common-sense approaches (when appropriate). Lastly, I will weigh in with my own take.
How to submit a question:
- Send your question in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: Ask the Sports Ethicist
- Include your first name, first initial of your last name, and your location.
Some Ground Rules
- I will post your question as written: typos and all. So please write carefully and do not put any personal information in the question.
- I will include in the post your first name and the first letter of your last name, as well as your location (unless you specifically request otherwise). I will not post, sell or otherwise release your email.
- I will not answer questions that appear to be exam questions.
- By submitting your question, you consent to my using your question on this blog (as well as for other usages: e.g. my podcast, in my teaching, etc.)
- Not all questions will be answered on the blog.
- I won’t be able respond personally or directly to individual email questions.